The Vivelys Group
The Vivelys Group specializes in the design, development and application of leading-edge winemaking technologies that answer challenges faced by today’s modern production facilities in major wine regions around the world. Contrary to global oenological recipes, Vivelys offers each customer a specific and unique solution which is easily and rapidly adjusted to individual operational requirements.
Through its deep understanding of winemaking science, systems and processes, along with expertise in product design and programming, the company delivers business value by helping customers become more competitive and efficient at achieving their target wine profiles.
Five Vivelys subsidiaries located in major wine regions around the world and a network of worldwide distributors sell and provide consultation on the group’s full line of micro- and macro-oxygenation systems, grape and wine analysis tools and premium French oak chips.
The Vivelys Group includes :
- Oenodev Micro-Oxygenation for single or multiple tank application
- Boise’ oak chips for premium French oak results
- Dyostem system for monitoring grape sugar loading to know the optimal time for grape harvest
- Cilyo - (Reactor O2CM) - Controlled hyper-oxygenation of the must for white wines
- Siryel sensory analysis pen for easy gathering and management of wine sensory data
- Smart Bung that indicates the wine level inside your barrels and alerts you when to top off
- Kit Brett for early detection of brett with an economical, easy-to-use lab test kit
Oenodev – Micro-Oxygenation
Website for MOX’s parts and pieces: Vivelys.com
Oenodev is the creator of controlled micro-oxygenation of wine in tank and has developed tools for winemakers that help bring out the full potential of their wines. Oenodev also offers a macro-oxygenation tool that delivers controlled large doses of oxygen as a fast and simple replacement for the labor and time-consuming racking process. Micro-ox consulting services are also available.
Oxygen is undeniably one of the factors that can change wine in a positive or negative way. In the worst case, it can ruin a wine. Controlling this important parameter is therefore just as important as controlling temperature or sanitation.
The financial return on investing in micro-oxygenation really depends on each situation but is always the result of the following benefits:
· Enhanced fruit expression
· Wine stability, allowing readiness of the wine at time of bottling and afterward.
· Treatment of some defective wines (green and vegetative characters, reduction)
· Fine tuning for reaching precise product definition
· Decreased labor (less racking, less loss, less cleaning products)
· Decreased risk of contamination
Boisé – Premium French Oak Chips
Download the Technical Sheet : Technical Sheet Boise France US
Download the Product description Sheet : Boisé 1 page – home print
Download the Technical Sheet for the Test kit : Pumpable Bois Frais – untoasted
Website: Boisé France.com
Boisé is the brand name for the premium French oak chip of Vivelys. Boisé gives the winemaker greater control in the integration of oak and wine and the ability to create barrel-like results. The winemaker can choose from eight very specific new French oak flavors, aromas, and textures that enhance a wine and shape it as desired. Boisé selects Center of France barrel-stave wood, seasons it for two years, conducts strict material testing and control with small batch production, and toasts with the precision of the convection process.
Perfectly calibrated and blended, each product in the Boise chips range has its own signature. They are designed to finely tune the structure and roundness of your wines.
Oak chip size and form imparts to them certain properties: aromatic volatility, diffusion of soluble elements, reaction to thermal treatment depending on the surface/volume ratio. There is no ideal form or shape for a chip, but each form must nevertheless be treated specifically. Boise France wood chips run from 5-20 mm.
A “Oak chips test kit” allows you to learn how the use of our oak chips, toasted and untoasted, impact the aroma, flavor, and texture of wine after just weeks of contact.
Our Trial Kit contains eight packages of different types of chips, each pack sealed with 50g of chips. In addition, ten 5-Liter foil bags-in-box with air-tight taps come with the kit to facilitate the soaking (two bags are included for a control wine). A Trial Protocol is also included. After the full soaking period is completed we are present at your tasting and evaluation and, even more, we help you with the blending exercise which is a crucial part of the trial.
Dyostem – Berry Maturity Analysis
Download the Technical Sheet : Dyostem
The Dyostem grape analysis system measures grape sugar loading trends to help the winemaker develop a better strategy for picking grapes with more uniform ripeness when working with a diverse range of multiple vineyard blocks of a single variety.
At Vivelys’ headquarters in Montpellier, France, a team of oenologists and agronomists, backed by computer experts, mathematicians and electronic engineers work co-operatively to design, program and build and apply the products that help our customers around the world to master the processes of winemaking. With state-of-the-art technology, Vivelys has access to the largest worldwide database of oenological information, thanks to its own network of vineyard plots and pilot-scale cellars on every wine-making continent. The models are tailored to each customer according to their particular grape variety and climate zone.
Briefly, the Dyostem System:
· Measures sugar loading of grapes over time, which helps you assess the maturity kinetics of your vines and its berry profile
· Helps to optimize picking date according to the desired wine profile
· Helps create more consistent wine profile results, year after year, with multiple vineyards or blocks of the same varietal
The application for the first year are:
· Identification of the plots showing symptoms of physiological imbalance or stress
· Assessment of the harvest’s potential
· Grouping together of the plots featuring identical maturation behavior. From the dyostem’s results, you can separate different grapes qualities impacting directly the wine profile (you can separate mature fruit to slow maturation fruit and from there adapt the winemaking)
· Ensuring the traceability of the maturation data
· Studying the qualitative impact of different wine growing practices
Cilyo – (Reactor O2CM)
Download the Technical Sheet : Reactor US
Cilyo determines the necessary O2 dose for reducing the oxidation of musts while preserving the aromatic potential .
The reactor allow you to:
· Enhance the quality of press juices with an adapted treatment so as to be able to blend them in with free run juice
· Increase the ageing potential of wines by protecting them from chemical oxidation that occur in bottle
· Decrease additions of oenological products traditionally used to preserve wine from oxidation
Siryel Digital Sensory Pen
Download the Technical Sheet : SIRYEL
Siryel is the only sensory analysis tool and software system designed specifically for the wine industry, simplifying sensory analysis for winemakers and wine marketers. Users record wine tasting scores just like with a normal pen while a digital camera on its tip reads the score marked on the scoring sheet. Data is downloaded from each user’s pen to computer. Extensive data analysis is possible with online access to the results.
“The use of digital pen and paper is so natural that we don’t need to think about it and remain focused on the wine tasting exercise. We are now able to work much more efficiently on our product definitions and their positioning compared to those of our competitors. It is also an important decision making tool for our investments.” Jean-Marie MAURER – Production Director – Caves de Rauzan, Bordeaux, France
Smart bung - Tool for controlling the loss of wine ageing in barrel (225l)
Download the Technical Sheet : Smart Bung US
There is a clear relationship between wine quality, the volume of air and the surface area of the wine in contact with the air.
The Smart Bung gives winemaker yet another way of monitoring it.Quickly check the headspace in your barrels without interfering with your wine while it is maturing.
At a glance, you can find out how much air there is in the barrel and the surface area for exchange between the wine and the air.
You can control the headspace in your barrels according to the wine and the product target sought.
Microbiological analysis Kit for the detection and prevention of contamination of red wines by Brettanomyces
Download the Technical Sheet : Kit Brett US
Only regular and systematic analytical monitoring of Brettanomyces employing the Vivelys Kit Brett enables data to be collected which allows you to treat your wine before it is too late. This kit analyses the level of Brettanomyces contamination both in the finished wine and during fermentation.