For whom ? Wineries with spacious barrel storage, where controlling barrel production and wine quality is essential
In a cellar, physical parameters such as temperature, moisture and variations in wood, cause each barrel to behave in its own unique way. The evaporative loss of wine from barrel to barrel will vary greatly depending
upon the physical location of each barrel in the cellar and its exposure to its immediate environment.
The Barrel Scan Program by Vivelys enables wine producers to assess and take control of unpredictable barrel behaviour. It is the critical tool in mastering the cost-efficient aging of wine in barrels.
- Testing every 4 to 5 months (depending on the usual amount of time it takes for the cellar to produce).
- 5 measurement inspections (examination of headspace and recovery of production data) made by a Vivelys expert.
- Creation of a production plan with different amounts of headspace (or different topping off intervals).
- Monitoring of the production plan by the Vivelys expert.
- Testing of 50 barrels with Smart Bungs (included).
- Sensorial assessment of the 50 procedures by the group of Vivelys experts at the end of the test using the Siryel® digital sensory management system.
Parameters assessed by the Barrel Scan offer:
- “Air current” effect
- Positioning level in barrel stack
- “Cooper” effect
- The age of the barrel
- The topping off intervals
- A constant amount of headspace
- CO2 concentration
- SO2 concentration